A few weeks ago I posted about some changes I had made to a Wikipedia post about the Health Risks of Professional Dance. The article touched on some side effects and risks of being a dancer–like the effects of over-stressing and dangers of poor nutrition. While the post did a decent job of describing the risks of poor nutrition, I felt it was important to elaborate on them so anyone reading the article would have a clearer idea of how dangerous poor nutrition really is. I wanted the article to serve as more of an eye opener to the risks as opposed to just gently describing them.
Anyway, before I go off on a tangent about the dangers of poor eating again (check back to Adding Two Cents to Wikipedia for more of my thoughts), I just wanted to let you guys know that my changes seem to have stuck on Wikipedia. Yes!
Although it was just a very small addition to the gigantic internet world, I like knowing that I have contributed to nutrition education and the awareness of disordered eating in some way. It's such a big and avoidable problem in the dance world, and hopefully we can put an end to it sooner rather than later.
Have a great day!
Great news Emily! So glad your advice will be there for others!
ReplyDelete